3 Sakina Manzil Play review - A refreshing take at love in the backdrop of untold history

Please support on UPI m.manaja@paytm pay_dOVERanalyst_upi_all_in_one_qr_code_gpay_paytm_phonepe_postpaid_wallet%20%281%29
A play that speaks of an innocent romance, time travels you to an era of freedom struggle from unique characters' point of views in romantic dim nostalgic lighting. And from amidst the comic one liners of the duo jumps to life the shocking and gruelling Bombay Dock Explosion.

I always say you need to know me if you can take my word for a movie or play or not.
  • I like laughing. Like anyone else!
  • I like romance
  • witty one liners
  • I do have a taste for intricate characters,  history &  a real humane mango(read common man)  angle to things. 

This is not about the Congress or Gandhi at all.  Won't bore you!

Situational comedy comes, not from the dialogues but from the way they say it. Interesting ways where you are let inside a slice of life of youth in a pre-independence world, in the minds of the guy and the girl, also as youngsters and also in their gripping old age, with a perfect timing and chemistry,  where life changed before and after - 14 April 1944. 

An interesting day to have your birthday and to have Bombay ripped apart and to fix an urgent meeting with someone you love. I mean, what else could go wrong? 

Guess why? We are taken to questions on why the explosion happened, how it changed lives forever and how does no one know of it when everyone knows about Titanic and Gandhi's assassination. 

From a refreshing take at innocent love to raining gold, from a real take at war to translating dhania = coriander,  from ribbons to bombs, it takes you places.

History is often written by the ruling party. Plays, theatre,  cinema speak of stories and a slice of life forbidden to be spoken about!

It takes little quick sneak peek at the impact of a play, the messages it can send across and the feelings it can send you home with.

All reviews  I had read didn't do me any good. But I loved the play! I'm trying my best to not give spoilers.

A very refined act,  indeed. Plays are where anything can happen and you can't even edit. It is the performer's presence of mind to even manage that and immediately move on. And what all they had to remember, my God! 
It was a pleasure to watch them perform in the Kalaghoda festival.Incase you are wondering why the name, it's the building where they were supposed to meet.

I told the Director, Deepak Dhamija ,  it was even better than the NCPA play I watched the previous day.
The timing of the duo was fascinating and commendable timing of light and sound effects as well!

All in all,  a great experience.

How I wish I could copy paste credits :
One of the greatest Playwright Ramu Ramanathan's “3, Sakina Manzil”, directed by Deepak Dhamija and presented by Desires Unlimited. 

Cast:

Puneet Sikka (Sashi) : the girl 
Tarun Singhal (Comrade Sashi) :the guy

I love a guy and a girl story especially if it's filled with class with so much to tell. Real reviews from genuine people - a woman who was also called Sashi and was from that time period was lost in nostalgia. As a young 25 year old, I related as well. 

If I could move myself to do free ka promotion, it's got to be worth it. 


Now go! Watch it. 

If you are as clueless as me and also live in colaba or elsewhere, don't be bored from just the stalls. Don't get lost because the help desk is always jammed with a queue.

P.S: Move that lazy thing. Comment! Just type & hit enter or touch,lol! ;) I love to hear from you. 

P.P.S: 
Chirp/Tweet @doveranalyst

Shortcut to comin back www.doveranalyst.com Keep visiting!
SubscribeI'm a simple radio jockey. There will be no spam. Only content IF I'm free, that is. Click the button for new post updates.
I am trying feed burner alternatives. Get your own 👉follow.it

Comment!

Also ✅ post to facebook. Please donate to help support us creating more content. A subscription/ one-time payment will really help.paypal.me/doveranalyst or paytm

Choose a recurring payment option from dropdown.

Payment options INDIA in INR
pay doveranalyst in Indian rupees
Payment Options in USD
paypal doveranalyst

Buying Recommendations

100% cotton sarees - amazon

Just bought this after lockdown. Super comfortable for daily wear.

💍Best rings on amazon

This ring has survived for years! Cabin crew literally gasped, "Where did you get it from, Ma'am!"

💋Best Clothes you can Buy!

Finding safe clothes online is an art, here's how

Safe Chemical Free Makeup

💋Complete List of Safe Makeup

Non-toxic chemical-free makeup available in India

💅16 Non-toxic Nail Paints

Safe nail paints are very important when you're pregnant or cooking, for example, making a dough. We Indians love to eat with our hands too. Let's avoid some chemicals while we are at it.

💋Safest Concealers you can Buy

The safest Non-toxic chemical-free concealers with zero chemicals!

Get Amazon INDIA Prime membership

or Audible here: